Temporarily out of stock – returning in mid-fall
Bulk raw beeswax from the wax cappings on honeycombs. Nice yellow color. Will contain some natural impurities. Sold by the pound. Uncooked, unfiltered, unprocessed – just raw beeswax.
- Beeswax is produced when honeybees consume honey. It takes about 8-1/2 lbs. of honey to produce one pound of beeswax.
- Beeswax is great lubricant for oiling furniture joints. It is also good for smooth movement of doors and windows.
- Beeswax is a regular component for mustache creams.
- You can polish your granite counter tops regularly with molten beeswax to keep them shiny bright! Just apply the beeswax, allow it to dry up and then wipe it off with a suede piece of cloth.
- In archery, bow strings are bees waxed both in order to reduce friction as well as to protect the string from damage due to dirt.
- To waterproof leather boots & gloves, rub beeswax on to outerwear.
- Baking pans are coated with beeswax for a natural non-stick surface.
- Beeswax is used to coat the sewing thread to strengthen it and to give it a smooth coating so that it is less likely to catch or snag material while sewing.
- Beeswax has a melting point between 146 and 149 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Burning of beeswax candles produces a white rounded flame, giving a wonderful warm glow.